HélèneManage your studies, apprehend an exam session, understand social science courses, write a thesis
My "course" is not a course, because I do not intend to teach new subjects. I propose instead support / follow-up / coaching. So you bring your class, or questions, or a work (or memory) in progress, or you just come with your class schedule, and I'll guide you in there, I explain concepts or course chapters remained obscure (I love to popularize), or simply I give you tips and tricks to be well organized in your studies and you get out at best!
- Organization of an exam session
- Coaching for students (organization of his working time, his week, his schedule ...)
- Analysis of the working method of the student to improve its efficiency (on the basis of notes, schedules, possible syntheses ...)
- Additional explanations in human sciences (on the basis of the course material)
- Follow-up and help for a job to be done in Bac in sociology-anthropology
- Coaching for any student who has to write his thesis in the humanities
- Proofreading on the background of anthropological dissertations
Concerned public :
- optional high school students "social sciences"
- graduate students (uni / hautes écoles) whatever the subject (for a general course in human sciences Bac 1 or 2)
- students of uni / hautes écoles (Bac or Master) for a course of sociology / anthropology
- students (or VAE) who must pass a jury in anthropology
See you soon !
KahirWays to think - accepting the multiplicity of perspectives and ways to be.
Focus on our civilisation from it's humble beginnings to the modern state. A wide range of discussions from cultural expressions, traditions, religion, symbolism, identity and belonging etc. The objective is to open up Our perspectives and holistically reflect on what we consider our purpose.
By the end of our discussions hopefully we will leave with more ways to think then we thought previously. The ultimate aim is to be more appreciative and find a sense of a calmer and more peaceful self whilst we navigate the journey of life.
Josué TomasiniSocial Sciences and qualitative research for higher education (from bachelor to post-doc)
I offer Social Sciences and qualitative research classes for university students in all levels. I have experience teaching and mentoring students at different levels of their academic formation. From classic social studies, to the most recent theoretical developments in Anthropology, Sociology, Political Sciences or History, I can guide you through the intricacies of social thought and research in a clear, motivated and exciting way.
Who am I?
A committed social scientist, MA and Ph.D in Anthropology, completed 4yrs post-Ph.D in political anthropology. I have conducted four different research projects, all of them focusing in southern African communities and dealing with an array of distinct topics (religious syncretism; memory and identity; local and state politics; literary practices; history making; power and authority). During my studies I have built a very consistent and broad theoretical and ethnographic knowledge, particularly, but not only, when it comes to the interdisciplinary field of African studies (a complex literature in which I feel very comfortable and able to navigate with full proficiency). I am a very experienced researcher (with more than 3 years of fieldwork experience in southern Africa), acquainted with all kinds of qualitative methods, from interviews, ritual analysis, archival work and social media research. I have much experience writing, assessing and tutoring research projects; peer-reviewing academic papers (including American Anthropology, Caderno de Estudos Africanos, among others); participating in thesis commission board; and as a university professor. Mentoring and teaching is truly my passion, and with a very consistent and mature knowledge of the literature you can expect a most precise, competent assistance.
How do I work?
* You have a specific topic to unravel: we will go to the button of it through an interdisciplinary genealogy of concepts and an attentive look to their uses in concrete situations.
* You have an ongoing/finished paper: I will proofread your paper and offer you a logic schematics of your central argument. The idea is to first pull you out of the hurricane to identify its trajectory, and then push you back at its peaceful centre, were we can polish your ideas, cleaning unnecessary digressions and adding relevant data and literature.
* You have/need a research project: I will read and comment your project in case you already have one and offer you with a schematic of the literature related with your topic so that we can identify relevant gaps in the literature. After doing that, we will consider your objectives and consider through pertinent questions for your research.
* You are writing a thesis: I will first go through your research project and cross-check with you the actual results of your research. Once we have done that, we will analyse the nature and quality of your data, the span of the literature covered, chapters you might have already written, and, of course, the issues that excites you most. The idea is to identify where your strength is and what can be done do reinforce your arguments (more research, if possible; or literature review, if necessary). All this will be done with organizational support, helping you plan and schedule your writing with confidence, grace and, most importantly, no suffering!
NathalieFrench and various reflections
I propose to help understand the rules of the French language (grammar, spelling, conjugation ...) so that the interlocutor can subsequently acquire skills to express themselves easily in writing, especially to make his opinions heard, present or future.
I will also be happy to provide keys of understanding to facilitate the writing, the synthesis or the analysis and the comments of texts.
My life experiences have allowed me to adapt my pedagogy to the needs and desires of different audiences.
I also place myself in a non-hierarchical perspective of the transmission of knowledge, and I therefore register in a different report master-student scheme, which I consider paternalistic and disrespectful of the "student" in question.
I'm just proposing to give some time to sharing what I've learned in my life experiences.
I can go for a first meeting so that you have an idea to know if I can match your expectations.
BrittanyCours particuliers de Sociologie/Anthropologie/Ethnologie
Êtes-vous un-e étudiant-e ou un parent d'élève qui cherche la tutrice qui vous aidera à bien saisir la sociologie ? Peut-être dans le but de réussir un cours, un examen, ou simplement pour votre culture personnelle ?
Diplômée d'une Licence en Sociologie et d'un Master 1 en Socio-Anthropologie, je suis actuellement en cours d'un Master 2 en Sociologie Quantitative ("Enquêtes Numériques et Statistiques Publiques") à l'Université de Lille. Je maîtrise les techniques de recherches, que ce soit qualitatives ou que quantitatives, et j'ai de fortes connaissances des théories, penseurs, publications, et méthodologies en sociologie.
L'année dernière, j'ai été sélectionnée comme tutrice pour accompagner les étudiants en première année de sociologie. Cette année, je continue sur une échelle micro avec des cours particuliers à domicile.
N'hésitez pas à m'envoyer un message si vous avez des questions ou souhaitez avoir davantage informations. Je vous souhaite une bonne journée, et peut-être à bientôt !