Student payment policies
Our goal is to make your Apprentus experience easy and fair. We want to simplify the process of finding the right teacher:
- Whether you need a teacher for the whole school year or just a one-time refresher, you’re free to use Apprentus as much or as little as you wish. You pay only for the teaching services you receive.
- Apprentus accepts all major credit and debit cards including Visa, MasterCard and American Express. We also accept PayPal.
With any of the payment options, you agree to maintain valid payment information in your Apprentus account for the duration of the teaching to ensure that teachers you book through Apprentus ("Apprentus teacher") receive their payment after lessons are completed.
We propose simple and transparent transactions
- Lesson price is agreed to at the time of payment on the website. Lesson prices vary by teachers and lesson type.
- Each time you or the teacher schedule a lesson on the website, you will receive an email from Apprentus with the lesson start time, end time, subject and total charge to be paid.
- After the lesson, the teacher confirms the lesson hours and Apprentus charges your Apprentus account according to the teacher’s hourly rate. Teachers have up to three days to enter lessons after they occur. Lessons entered beyond this three days’ window require student confirmation before being processed.
Our limitation of liability
Apprentus offers a marketplace to connect those seeking teaching services to connect with those seeking to provide teaching services.
As independent contractors, Teachers control the methods, materials and all aspects of the lessons.
Apprentus liability to you for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to Apprentus or an Apprentus partner.
Please consult with your teacher prior to beginning lessons if you have any question about his class.
Apprentus allows teachers to choose among three standardized cancellation policies that we will enforce to protect both students and teachers alike. Each booking on our site clearly state the cancellation policy:
- Flexible: Full refund 1 day prior to the session.
- Moderate: Full refund 6 days prior to the session.
- Strict: 50% refund 6 days prior to the session.
If there is a complaint from either party, notice must be given to Apprentus within 24 hours of the session. Apprentus will mediate when necessary, and has the final say in all disputes.
A lesson is officially canceled when the student clicks the cancellation button on the cancellation confirmation page, which they can find in Account > Orders > Cancel Reservation.Students may cancel and review any penalties by viewing their bookings and then clicking 'Cancel' on the appropriate booking.
If teacher cancels an order, the student will receive a full refund of their payment including all fees for the unused lesson.
Disputes between users
Student agrees that if any dispute arises concerning the classes or booking, Apprentus will make a resolution and each party will be bounded to such resolution. Apprentus is authorized to collect payments from either party (where possible) to give effect to such resolution.
Both parties authorize Apprentus to deal with the dispute or complaint as it sees fit and agree to abide by any decisions they may make in such circumstances, including requiring refunds to be made or compensation. Student liability for all losses will be limited to the amount paid by the Student.
Good fit guarantee
Apprentus stands behind our marketplace. If you’re not completely satisfied after the first hour of lessons with the tutor you book, you are entitled to a refund for that hour. (If you request a refund after receiving more than one hour of tutoring, only the first hour will be refunded.)
Unlimited email support
Apprentus has a dedicated customer support available to assist you and answer any questions that arise. We want to hear from you, so please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.