Teacher payment policies
By registering as a teacher with Apprentus.com "the website", you “teacher” agree that the following terms and conditions will govern all payments made to you by students through the Apprentus system.
Conditions for guaranteeing receipt of payment for student lessons
Apprentus is a marketplace for those seeking teaching services to connect with those seeking to provide teaching services. Apprentus also provides a pass-through payment processing service to its users, meaning that payments distributed to teachers originate from their students. Apprentus offers teachers a layer of protection in the collection of their funds but, if any of the following conditions are not met and Apprentus becomes unable to collect your payment from the parent, student, or other type of account-holder "student" to whom you gave a lesson, Apprentus cannot guarantee that your payment will be successfully collected, processed and distributed to you:
- The information pertaining to the published class is accurate. This includes subject and hourly rates at student place or teacher place.
- The lesson is delivered in-person at a mutually agreed location, the start and end time will be considered to be the times of the actual teaching lesson, not arrival and departure times to and from the class location.
- Prior to the initial lesson being given, the student has on file with Apprentus a valid form of payment. This includes a valid credit/debit card or PayPal account. The teacher can view the status of the student's payment through the teacher's account. The requirement to verify payment information must be followed for continuing students as well as new students.
- The teacher confirms the lesson into the Apprentus system or assesses a cancellation fee within three days of the lesson occurring. Payment for lessons entered outside of this window cannot be distributed until the lessons are approved by the student. Lessons cannot be submitted more than thirty-one days after the date of the lesson.
- The teacher does not collect or request payment directly from the student.
- For cancellation fees assessed to a student, the cancellation penalty is consistent with the cancellation policy publicly displayed on the website.
Timing and delivery of payments
If all the conditions for guaranteeing receipt of payment for student lessons are met, teachers can expect to receive their funds according to the following schedule. If there are questions about any of the conditions, payments may be delayed while Apprentus attempts to resolve the questions.
When a student pays online for a lesson, we must pay the teacher the amount of the lesson. Our secure payment system supports several payout methods, which can be configured in the teacher’s account page. Available payout options differ by country.
Teacher is paid to his payout preference, either bank or PayPal account. Funds will be released to the teacher’s payout account two days after the lesson submission. If the second day is a Saturday, Sunday, or Bank Holiday, the payment will be released the next business day.
The time between when the funds are released by Apprentus and made available to the teacher will vary and is controlled by the teacher’s payout bank or PayPal, not by Apprentus.
If the teacher collect a payment directly from the student, Apprentus will invoice the teacher to collect the Apprentus’ commission. Invoices are generated once a month and available at all times under "Invoices" in the user account. They are also sent via e-mail.
The deadline for payment of invoices is 30 days from invoice date. Payment methods are described on the electronic invoice and the accompanying e-mail.
If the invoice is unpaid, the user receives a first reminder e-mail at the due date. 15 days after the expiration of an unpaid bill, he will receive a second reminder e-mail. 15 days after the second reminder, the account will be suspended.
Apprentus uses electronic invoices and payments. The duplicate of an invoice sent by post is available on request and is charged EUR 5.00 per duplicate.
Calculation of public class price
All teachers agree to the following commission structure. Apprentus variable commission is added and rounded to the teacher own hourly rate and varies inversely with the number of hours accumulated with students through Apprentus. Use of Apprentus is completely free for the teachers.
Calculation of teacher payment amounts
- Teachers set their own hourly rate and may change it at any time. Non-teaching charges like travel, parking, prep time or other expenses should be incorporated into the hourly rate. Changing the default hourly rate will only affect students who contact a teacher after the time the change is made. In order to change the rate for students with prior bookings, the teacher must request a rate change via the form on the website.
Apprentus allows teachers to choose among three standardized cancellation policies that we will enforce to protect both students and teachers alike. Each booking on our site clearly state the cancellation policy:
- Flexible: Full refund 1 day prior to the session.
- Moderate: Full refund 6 days prior to the session.
- Strict: 50% refund 6 days prior to the session.
If there is a complaint from either party, notice must be given to Apprentus within 24 hours of the session. Apprentus will mediate when necessary, and has the final say in all disputes.
A lesson is officially canceled when the student clicks the cancellation button on the cancellation confirmation page, which they can find in Account > Orders > Cancel Reservation.Students may cancel and review any penalties by viewing their bookings and then clicking 'Cancel' on the appropriate booking.
If teacher cancels an order, the student will receive a full refund of their payment including all fees for the unused lesson.
Limitation of liability and Disputes between users
Apprentus offers a marketplace to connect those seeking teaching services to connect with those seeking to provide teaching services. As independent contractors, Teachers control the methods, materials and all aspects of the lessons.
Teacher agrees that if any dispute arises concerning the classes or booking, Apprentus will make a resolution and each party will be bounded to such resolution. Apprentus is authorized to collect payments from either party (where possible) to give effect to such resolution.
Both parties authorize Apprentus to deal with the dispute or complaint as it sees fit and agree to abide by any decisions they may make in such circumstances, including requiring refunds to be made or compensation.
Apprentus liability to you for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by the Student to Apprentus or an Apprentus partner.
Teacher liability for all losses will be limited the price of one lesson the Teacher charges, up to a maximum of €50.
Please consult with your student prior to beginning lessons if you have any question about the booking
Unlimited email support
Apprentus has a dedicated customer support available to assist you and answer any questions that arise. We want to hear from you, so please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.